Monday, June 18, 2018

Sweet Summer

Hello lovelies,

Welcome back to my second post for the day. It's sweltering summer here, so how about enjoying a sweet melon. My love for watermelons is endless. So here is my take on summer.  Yup a sweet melon on my card. Here you go,





For this card, I made this sweet watermelon piece by drawing onto geometric embossed cardstock( which my friend Ishani share with me) and then added few more triangles to the same for interests and depth. I coloured it with distress inks of different red shades and greengshades and highlighted the dark shade with micron black pen. 

I fussy cut my image and mounted on a black stripe with pattern bg behind at one corner. Finished my card using my handwritten and heat embossed sentiment using wow white embossing powder. Added heart embellishments and glossy accent to the melon as well to create interests.

Below are few close up shots,




Simple and made with so much delicacy to spread the sweetness 😋😉.

Hope you all liked my card.

I'm playing along the following challenges,

AAA card challenge,


Just us girls colour challenge,( my choice - green)


Watercooler wednesday challenge of theme all about occasions. ( This card of mine is so versatile which I can use it for friendship day, valentine day, mother's day, father's day, or just to anyone who is so kind and sweet.)


CAS colours and sketches challenge 






Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting. 

Cheers!!!

Raga.












17 comments:

  1. very sweet and cas card, stupendous. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maaike for making my day sweet 😇💕😍

      Delete
  2. You’ve really got the CAS vibe perfectly with this card. Love how you’ve added those triangles to your melon. Thanks again for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. thanks alot Jane. You sweet appreciation made me smile all over my face 😀💕😍😇😇

      Delete
  3. Loved the designer melon slice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Pooja for your sweet appreciation 😇😇💕💕😍

      Delete
  4. Awesome card! Lovin the watermelon! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen for your lovely appreciation 😇💕😊😍

      Delete
  5. Wow! How sweet is the geometric melon slice you've created! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Please come back with us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks aton wei. So sweet of you to say so 😇💕😍.

      Delete
  6. What a striking clean and simple design, Raga. I love the colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heidi for your kind words 😇💕😊

      Delete
  7. What a simple but striking card Raga. You certainly have mastered CAS style with this beauty. Love the geometric watermelon. Very clever and layout is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww..you made my day Ina. I'm so glad to know that you loved it. 😇💖💕

      Delete
  8. Love you sweet slice of watermelon. Perfect CAS card and thank you for sharing it on the CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how innovative you are in designing this faceted slice of scrumptious watermelon! You've captured my CAS-loving heart with your design! Love this - and so thrilled that you shared it in the Just Us Girls gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Wonderful clean and simple design. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

My heart skips a beat for your comment!