Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Scandinavian style cards

Hello lovelies,

Today I'm going to share with you all some Scandinavian style cards which I got inspired from create something catchy challenge hosting by Deepti Stephens. I just the love unique theme this time. So tried my hands on it. Believe me, this is so addicting that I ended up making four cards. No wonder if I try more. Without further ado, let's go for the show off,


For this seamless traditional pattern, I used mudra mini damask stamp pattern #2 that I received from Deepti Stephens along with my prize of last challenge. Those scalloped circle and sentiment diecuts were given by my friend Ishani. Thank alot dears.

Below the source image for my first card


I used textile pattern for my second card, here you go






For this card I doodled the pugs wearing tutu skirt(coloured using distress watercolouring). Hand written the sentiment you are tutu cute. Isn't a great add-on to my baby cards.? (Entering this card into HLS watercolor challenge)

Below is the Image source for my second card


Now onto my third card, I love autumn leaves very much, so here they are in Scandinavian style. Ohh how much I'm obsessed with this style.!!


Isn't it so cute??!! I doodled and coloured using watercolors, finished using my handwritten sentiment.(entering this card into HLS watercolor challenge and your next stamp Color challenge)

Below is the image source for the same,


Finally to my fourth card, it's quite different. I saw a lady in a city mall wearing lehenga with Scandinavian pattern on the blouse (top part). So tried to incorporate the design with different inspiration pattern from net. Here you go,




For this card, I used stencil from Itsybitsy store to make the blouse pattern, for the bottom i  swiped cracked pistachio distress ink on to my cardstock. Wrapped with jute lace and embellished with a flower which were gifted by my friends (Ishani and Monika). Finished my card using my hand written sentiment. I dedicate this card to Paru Mahtani who is hosting a wonderful challenge named Paru's card making challenge and inspiring alot of people via her gorgeous makes. She is my first mentor and the reason for me being in this card making industry. Keep inspiring us mam.

Below is the source image for my fourth card,



Hope you all liked my cards. I'm playing along at create something catchy challenge with all the four cards and at paru's card making challenge as well as muse card challange and Inspirational challange of word prompt 'birthday' with my last card.

Create something catchy challenge, where the theme is Scandinavian pattern

Paru's card making challange of theme birthday (with my fourth card)


Muse card challange by this week's Muse  by Bharati nayudu who is also my good friend ( I was inspired by the pattern and the colours very much)


HLS watercolor challenge of theme anything goes with optional twist of birthday ( joining with my 2nd and 3rd card - tutu pug and shape of you cards)



Your Next Stamp challenge (with my shape of you card)


Inspirational challenge





Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy crafting. 

Cheers!!!
Raga.









11 comments:

  1. I loved all your cards, especially the second and third ones where you have doodled. I also love the stencil you have used in your fourth card. "What an idea" for the Shape of you sentiment, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Raga, What an array of Lovely cards. The One inspired by the Muse card is my Fav. I love the rainbow stenciled background in geometric patterns. The beautifully colored flower looks bright and vibrant. I love the whole card design with the lace across the card adding extra interest. Thank you for playing along with Muse Card Challenge. Hugs - Bharati.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many different takes on the challenge and each one is wonderful ! My favorite is the one with hand drawn pugs ,it's so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super Raga... Tutu pug is my favorite ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. All fun cards! Love the doodles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raga, all of your cards are wonderful! I really love the pretty colors in your Muse card, I can see how Bharati's card inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! I loved all your cards, especially the second card where you have doodled, its so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful cards Raga! You are very talented! I have to say I love those little pugs in tutus soooo much! Thanks so much for joining in at HLS watercolour Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your set of cards are marvelous translations of different sources of inspiration! That you've 'doodled' several of the images: oh my stars! Blown away! The pugs with tutus: sooooo charming! The leaves: lovely! The birthday stenciling: so pretty! Thrilled that you shared your immense creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards, but that rainbow scandinavian one - wow! I need that stencil, I think!! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your doodling is amazing! Love all of your cards! Thanks for joining the Your Next Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

My heart skips a beat for your comment!