Monday, July 9, 2018

Star Gazing Birthday Boy

Hello lovelies,

As I promised, here is my more personalized card for my little son as he is turning 3 by next week. He loves gazing at stars with his binoculars and telescope. So here comes my card, let's have a look




For this card I hand drawn my image ( cutie boy with his telescope) , watercoloured and fussy cut it. I grounded him using pattern paper. And made the telescope interactive there by it shows up the hidden sentiment when he zooms the telescope (Basic slider technique applies here). Then I made the galaxy sky with sparkling stars using distress watercolors and white acrylic paint for stars. Added details with white gelly roll pen.

Then I framed the sky scene with hand cut window. Placed a lighting chip and battery behind ( i made use of a chip from my son's one of broken toys). Then  I pricked the background at random to make sure the stars shine through real.

Below is a video revealing how it works.


Hope you all enjoyed the video. 

I'm playing along the following challenges,

Paper player challenge of theme celebration ( happy 400th birthday to the entire team. This is really a big achievement. Congratulations on this big milestone and wish you many more)


CASology challenge of theme Zoom


Paru's card making challenge of theme "birthday" (many more happy returns of the day Paru mam)



Cupcake inspiration challenge 



Always happy birthday challenge




Thank you for stopping by my happy crafting.

Cheers!!

Raga.






19 comments:

  1. Raga.. Raga.. There is no one as creative as you! NO One! You are a genius. What a wonderfully created card.. using your son's toys?? Man.. you will make Chibitronics lose the market share. This card.. got me speechless! BRAVO..and keep surprising us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg..ishani. you are killing me. Nothing fancy dear. I just make use of the lighting chip from worn out toy. But you only can make me flutter in joy like I did everything. But credit goes to the one who made the toy 😜🙈. I just got inspired and made mine. Inspiration is everywhere dear. Thanks alot for your overwhelmed response dear. 😇😇😍😍😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he..using a toy to create a light up card definitely needs to be credited Raga !! I feel Ditto like Ishani :) very clever slider and I am in awe of your drawing skills !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much pooja. You made me smile all over my face. 😁😀😍😇😇

      Delete
  4. Wow, impressive. Thanks for playing along on the CASology challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sue. So glad it impressed you. 😇😇😍🤗

      Delete
  5. Darling use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Indy for your kind words. 😇💕❤️🙏

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful card.You are super talented. How lucky your kid is, I can imagine how excited your boy must be on seeing such a wonderful present custom made for him by his mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you chandhini to visit my blog thereby leaving me some love. It means alot to me. 😇😇🙏🙏💕❤️. You are inspiring indeed.

      Delete
  7. How amazing is this card?! Your hand drawn image is fabulous, the telescoping telescope so clever and your galaxy of stars stunning! Your son will keep this forever! Thank you so much for joining in the 400th Challenge celebrations at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jan for your kind words. 😇😀💕❤️🙏. Yes my son loved it very much. Hope he will cherish it forever. 😀😍

      Delete
  8. Amazing card! So much wonderful details (the interactive zoom of the telescope, the stars, your drawing) and you still kept it CAS! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raga, this is incredible! What a gorgeous hand-drawn image and I love the sentiment on the telescope. The starry night sky through the window is also gorgeous. Thank you for your kind words and for joining our 400th celebration at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just knew this magical card was a winner. Such ingenius inter-active elements. The fact that you drew it makes you a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are certainly creative!! This card and all of its details are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just amazing Raga!!! Fantastic!!! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making challenges

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet clean and simple card! Really great design. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT (PS, sorry for taking so long to comment - I've been unwell.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My boy love drawing with crayons. These color are very best for drawing. My kids mostly use crayons. But your book drawing is good and it really printable you are right. baby toys

    ReplyDelete

My heart skips a beat for your comment!