Friday, August 17, 2018

Guest designing at Paru's card Making Challenge

Hello Crafty peeps,

Happy Friday everyone. I'm super excited today. Two reasons beyond my happiness. First thing is today my brother is getting engaged. Ohh wow, such a special day for me and my family. Secondly, omg I'm super thrilled to be guesting at Paru's card making challenges. It was the first and only challenge I participate in during the early stage of my crafting journey. I could say that's where a silk thread jewellery designer inspired to be  turned into a cardmaker. I was invited to guest design for august challange as i won in her previous challenge( July month's Birthday challange).







Paru mam is such an amazing designer and her works are super fabulous. Thank you so much mam for having me. That's so very kind of you.

Current challenge theme at her blog is 'Family' and here is my take,



As Rakshabandhan is around the corner, I thought to make a card for the same. I made an illustration depicting my kids. I took photo inspiration from Google for the same. 
Below is my sketch for your reference.




Rakshabandhan (the festival of Rakhi) is celebrated to cherish the bond of brothers and sisters.

To make this Rakhi card, I took A2 size white cardstock and created the wall and floor scene using patterned papers.

I sketched my figures, watercoloured them and adhered them on the front panel using foam tape and I gave washi tape to the little girl to mount her little cute brother over the wall for his mischievous behaviour 😉😉 I finished the card with a handwritten sentiment.


For the tag, I ink smooshed the background using bubble art technique. I fussy cut it and added a handmade flower ( from Itsy Bitsy store ) for the Rakhi and a handwritten sentiment to complete it. 


Hope you all inspired to join in the challenge. 

I'm playing along the following challanges,




Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting. 

Cheers!! 

Raga. 

9 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, loved the fun image. Such a clever use of washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he..what a cute depiction of brother and sister ! Loved the execution and congratulations on your GD post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Renate DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun creation .-)
    Thank you for taking part in challenge over at Scrapping4fun. Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well …
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and fun.
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun this time.
    Priya DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable... Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrapping4fun Challenge!!! Looking forward to join us again ...love it - Dt -Vidhi Jadeja

    ReplyDelete

My heart skips a beat for your comment!