Saturday, February 15, 2020

Cake

Hello friends,

It's time for a new challenge this fortnight at ATCAS. Ma-mi is our guest designer and the very talented Susan is our hostess.

She chose cake as the code word and there is always a reason for a cake.



I made this card to congratulate my brother who is blessed with a baby girl and he is celebrating his birthday as a father this year. Our anniversary too falls on the same day, Feb 20 and we have successfully completed  9 years of togetherness. So without further ado, here is my cake for this double celebration.



I hand-drawn the cake and water coloured using distress inks. The sentiment is from Altenew word script die set. 

Hope you all liked my take. Our designers have fabulous inspirations for you, visit ATCAS blog to check out them. 

Follow up is the image, that I used on my card, in case if you are interested to use them.



Thank you for stopping by. Happy Crafting. 

Cheers!
Raga.



7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card, Raga. And happy congrats to all! I love the black base, and the texture you gave your wonderful cake in the coloring. I really LOVE that little polka dot triangle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a lovely card, love how the cake pops against black. Wonderful illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous CAS card and I love that black background! Your drawing is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your elegant card, Raga! I'm so impressed with your hand-drawn cake and your color palette is gorgeous against the black card base...WOW!!! Congrats to you and your family on all of your wonderful celebrations! Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drawing is wonderful, Raga, and so it the marbling of the frosting on your cake. It all looks fabulous on the black card base.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raga, I love this card and the happy stories behind them. Fabulous job with the cake - and I love it all against the black base
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

My heart skips a beat for your comment!